Parents, we need your help!!
Our school proudly participates in a reading program called RAP, or Reading Acceleration Program.
This program connects struggling first grade reading students with a volunteer to assist during the school year on reading skills. We are reaching out to parents, grandparents and community members to help with this wonderful program. We know that the skills that you will learn from the RAP program can also help YOUR children/grandchildren with reading at home. Below you will find the details of the program:
• You will be fully trained. You will see a sample RAP session, so you will understand
how to help
• You will work with one first grade student for 30 minutes each week (the same child) for
the remainder of the school year
• You will choose your weekly tutoring time slot based on your availability during our
• All books and supplies will be provided for you
• No experience necessary!!!
• You will be amazed at how much your RAP student will look forward to seeing you each
week & the progress they will make in reading!
Below you will find the link for training opportunities. Please note that you will need to have fingerprints done within seven days of training - this is no cost to you!
If you would like to volunteer, please register to become a Dividend for the 2021-2022 school year and RSVP to ………………our RAP Coordinator…………….
To become a Dividend, please register here: https://dvd.scps.k12.fl.us/
If you know of other parents, grandparents, or community members (church members, organizations or groups) that may be interested in helping, please pass along this information. Our first graders are counting on you!